{Like Spinning Leaves: Entourage/USK

Like Spinning Leaves

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Entourage/USK

Eh. The lack of updates is owed largely to two frustrations. One was pure hell, the other is a bit of a masochistic pleasure. Long story short, I spent a stressful couple of hours (stretched over two days) trying to restore some lost information on one of my boss' computers.

The other involves synchronizing multiple angles of the same performance from the blip festival...In case this wasn't made clear earlier, I brought a bunch of Blip Fest tapes, my new Western Digital 500GB drive, and my computer to New Mexico. The plan is to edit all weekend and shoot for Tennessee during the week. Owens and I will probably take one weekend off before we leave NM to investigate the surrounding mountains so that's something to look forward to.

Anyway, getting back to the other frustration: Editing. Because the particular act in question (Portalenz) didn't really have individual "songs," but a steady and organic development of various themes and refrains over the course of a 30 minute set, I'm trying to condense the entire thing into about 5 minutes by isolating each progression, deleting the parts where they repeat them, and then stitching them all together...it just barely makes sense to me, don't worry. The good news is that, when done correctly, it works well. Well enough that it's worth the pain in the ass, anyway.

So my enthusiasm for the project was supposed to carry me through the night but I feel a headache coming on. I already cut one video today for Bud Melvin (I've got a link to a track of his a few entries back...) so maybe that's enough for now.

Things are proceeding as usual with preproduction. money. casting. etc.

Some snow today. And a so so burrito. I'm sleeping.

More editing tomorrow morning. Maybe something a little more laid back?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home