{Like Spinning Leaves: Live From New [Mexico], It's...

Like Spinning Leaves

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Live From New [Mexico], It's...

I had to actually wake up in Albuquerque before I felt confident enough to say that the Behind The Scenes documentary for Tennessee has finally begun.

From what little I was able to see from the window of our descending airplane and our ride from the hotel to the production office, I can already tell that the combination of rock formations and various points along the earth's rotation around the sun are going to produce some very exciting visual results that stand a chance at living up to the hype of all my google image searches of "new mexico desert sunset."



So we've come in towards the tail end of preproduction. The cast is arriving, fittings and rehearsals will fill up the space between now and next wednesday when principal photography begins. I believe there are roughly 20 days of shooting planned out over the next few weeks but that's always subject to change. I know it seems odd that the film is titled as it is when we're only spending a quarter of our time in the state of Tennessee but, given my current surroundings, I have little reason to complain.

Oh speaking of casting, Owens and I were met with quite the surprise when we looked over the wall of headshots of all the actors in the film. Well, I'll let the picture speak for itself.



He's only playing a small part as far as I know but I gotta say, those two or three days of Bernie Mac are going to be amazing.

You know, the whole reason I decided to start this blog was so I could provide day to day updates on Tennessee. Took long enough.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!! About friggin time. I'll bet Bernie Mac will be crazy. Good luck with shooting and looking forward to the final product!

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home