{Like Spinning Leaves: Keep It Secret. Keep It Safe.

Like Spinning Leaves

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Keep It Secret. Keep It Safe.

It is just as I feared.

Every so often, I like to poke around the IMDb message boards for movies I've worked on / will work on to keep my eyes open for production/release updates or links to press coverage. As far as TN goes, there was one user in particular who seemed to know quite a bit about the day to day and I often tried to guess which member of the crew he/she was.

Well, I was in for quite a surprise when I noticed that one of the threads mentioned the start date for our Behind The Scenes (???). Intrigued I read on (you can see the short post here). It was business as usual until a couple of details caught my eye: "two main characters stretched out on the runway as planes pass directly overhead?" The 'No Prostitution' sign written in green marker in the topless bar? The fact that "Heartbreaker" was half-nakedly danced to later that evening?...they were all taken from an old post of mine on this blog!

Exactly what I didn't want to happen. Well, not exactly exactly. Thankfully, the individual had the decency to leave out my name, occupation, and (most importantly) a link to this place. So, to "jeane_a79," I say this: I'm not going to bother with withholding information (now that I know some of it may appear elsewhere) so long as you continue to refrain from mentioning me or this page (for the sake of my job and, by extension, more info for you if nothing else).

That seems a fair trade, right?

ps - for the record: MC never poked her head in to the bar to my knowledge. It was merely an assumption. Definitely didn't happen while her song was playing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eugene, I am terribly jealous of you (as I was of Paul) for your pending trip to the Amazon and getting to experience its lush, primeval embrace. Let me know if your seeing something this weekend so I remember you before you were a host to tropical parasites and cannibalized 'only socially'.

11:57 PM  
Blogger asif said...

Zombania, the grind house double feature is this weekend. (hint)

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home