{Like Spinning Leaves: Up the Updates

Like Spinning Leaves

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Up the Updates

Initially, this blog was created to keep my friends updated on the current status of my many projects. Those were boon times - morale was high, cynicism was low, and we were (as LD loved to say ad nauseum) "fixin' to blow up."

Of course now, a little over a year later, I know better.

One after the other, prospects floundered and diminished to the point where I almost stopped being grateful that anything was happening at all (note: it never got to that point...just asymptotically close). Tennessee was steadily delayed for a year after we were "definitely going next [x]," Behind Shadowboxer never saw the light of a cathode ray tube, and PLAY is pretty much dead in the water at this point while we (try to) focus on Blip Fest.

But "prosperous" (i say this cautiously) times are upon us again. I have more work than I can handle and (what feels like) even less time to manage it. However, in the interest of keeping myself motivated, I will try to hold myself to a certain standard. We already know what a disaster Blogging Every Day is so I'm going to start off small with updates twice a week. As a subset of this resolution, I will try to make them every Sunday night and every Thursday morning but I won't be as firm on those - just a helpful guide.

Of course, this means I have to have more to talk about so what the hell I'm going to just make the leap and start commenting on films I've seen* and general thoughts on other related matters. I know I'm joining the ranks of countless others who assign a disproportionate amount of value to their own opinions (not any of you guys) but know that I'm doing this without a trace of self importance.

As always, this was meant to serve as a means of communicating with my friends (since, sadly, I don't have the time to keep up with everyone as much as I used to) so, at the very least, I can say my intentions were good.

The other half of it is that I need to get off my ass, read up on what's being made these days with what technology, and just see more films. Hopefully this will jump start this process. I don't have a lot of free time between now and Saturday morning but at some point after that, I expect to have seen something new and either recommend or warn against come Sunday night.

*this should be interesting since you all know how I like a good nap two thirds of the way in (the point where, in my opinion, 60% of the things I see just fall flat). So if I managed to stay awake through the whole thing, it probably means it's got something going for it (in my book of snobbery anyway).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home