{Like Spinning Leaves: Finally, Somebody...

Like Spinning Leaves

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Finally, Somebody...

I know it's been a whole month since my last update but the past few weeks have been pretty stressful with apartment hunting. Thankfully, the nightmare ended yesterday. We got an extension on our current apartment and we signed the lease for our new place in July. As for projects, here's what's up:

Tennessee

The people at LDE are presumably returning from Cannes today so I'll have to confirm some more info before I commit anything to the internet but the bottom line is, based on someone's recently announced tour dates, Tennessee is either going to happen sometime in the next three months or it's not happening for a long, long time. I'll leave it at that for now.

PLAY

A couple of things:

1) the first video from Pulsewave 2 is online
2) we shot Pulsewave 3 last thursday
3) we heard from Tommy today

1) I'm working on getting a hi-res version of this online but, for now, you can check out the low-res version on the almighty YouTube. Or you could just go one size smaller and get a better feel for how the actual product looks. Keep in mind that this is just the first sample of what PLAY will eventually become. The sound quality is nowhere near what it will eventually be and what you're watching now probably won't make it into the final cut of the film...We'll see. The point is, we finally have something for people to see.

2) Pulsewave 3 featured Anamanaguchi, our dear friend Jesse Novak (as Tugboat), and Shawn Phase of Temp Sound Solutions. While they all put on a really solid and entertaining show, I have to admit, the majority of the performances didn't lend themselves to being filmed in a dynamic way (except for SP lighting his guitar on fire at the end). For example, Tugboat's entire set was done from behind his drums. It's difficult to do much with that from a shooting standpoint.

I'm in the middle of logging and cutting the footage now and the general consensus is that this next video will concentrate on the 20 minute interview with Shawn Phase recorded prior to the show. Should be interesting.

3) Now that E3 is over, Tommy has had a little more room to breathe. His Video Games Live tour is stopping in Philadelphia this Saturday so he's going to be in the area for a few days. The sweet part is that Levering, Owens, and I are going to shadow him Lee Daniels style all day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to capture his hectic 20 hour workday as he meets with all sorts of other industry professionals and hold press conferences. In addition to that, we're being granted all access passes to the show on Saturday, free to film the performance and the backstage area as we please. It's so exciting I have difficulty believing it's really going to happen but I can't see much getting in the way of it at this point aside from some issues about getting enough cameras together to fully cover the concert. Allow me at least one afternoon of optimism before I spend the rest of the week worrying.

So yeah, that's pretty much it for now. I want to write more but I should really get back to logging this footage.

Oh yeah, I also shot an Olde English video a few weeks ago so I'll let you know when that gets edited and up on the site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home