{Like Spinning Leaves: Not Personal / Strictly Business

Like Spinning Leaves

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Not Personal / Strictly Business

Kind of.

Part of this blog reflects my desire to have a record of all my film & video endeavors while the other part represents a fool's hope that he'll never again have to answer the question, so what are you doing these days?

Towards the end of this month, the DocuBoys (Jim, Owens, Jason, & I) will be driving out west with all our equipment to New Mexico to begin video documentation of the preproduction phase of the film Tennessee. Principal photography starts about a month afterwards and then my time over the next four weeks will be split between New Mexico, Tennessee, and locations inbetween.

Somewhere inbetween, Shadowboxer will finally have it's US premiere on May 12. Our Behind The Scenes Documentary will be cut up into 22 minute episodes and air on television (most likely B.E.T.) during the weeks leading up to the film's release. Don't know if we'll be travelling back with our boss (producer of Tennessee/director of Shadowboxer) for the premiere yet so I may be parted from all things East Coast for a good 10 weeks (my longest stretch away from the Atlantic, I think).

After Tennessee wraps, my attention will be focused on shooting PLAY, a documentary that examines the video game music culture on an international level. The project's creator, Paul Levering, is meeting up with the film's highest profile potential investor, Tommy Tallarico, tomorrow. In addition to traveling all over the US, the plan is go around the world to multiple destinations in Europe and Asia including a stop in Japan to interview the composers of the original NES games that inspired this whole genre.

Right so you can see there's a lot going on these days. I'd be a fool not to keep track of it all.

In the meantime, I've started working (on a temporary basis) in the shipping department at Gotham City Online, New York's largest online shoe retailer. I handled about three hundred pairs of women's shoes in four hours - stacking, sorting, and sending off down a conveyor belt...made me feel like a working class character in a Von Trier film.

That's not a complaint.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, for one, am glad you're doing this, since I'd be one of the annoying people asking what you were up to.

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm proud of my little asif. You forgot to name drop. that's the whole point! "Yeah, so Mariah wants me to like come chill at her NY 4 level penthouse after we wrap"

-helena

6:42 PM  
Blogger Raphael said...

Wow. You weren't kidding when you said you were busy. However, I still think you could have squeezed in some time for Raizin between all your Cuba Gooding Jr. ogling.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of this sounds very exciting... I can't wait to see your stuff from Shadowboxer on tv... I think I can wait to see the actual movie. From what I remember, the trailer did not seem very interesting. Good luck with your upcoming projects. By the way... Play sounds like its gonna be pretty sweet film.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes there's a man, and I'm talking about the Sif here, but sometimes there's a man, well... he's the man for his time and place.

Word up to my man man A.I. who be droppin mad bombs in the filmin induhstry. Just remember, with bitches and ho's comes, responsilibrity... respeck!

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, I hadn't heard about PLAY ... that sounds like its going to be fascinating and enjoyable as hell. Say hello to Koji Kondo for me if he's on the list.

Grrrr, that's so cool...

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home